Vehicle theft in the UK is a growing problem in the current economy. Having a vehicle stolen can cause significant disruption and financial damage, not to mention claims on insurance policies, increasing premium costs and stress.
In 2014, almost 70,000 vehicles were stolen in the UK but just 1%* had a tracking system fitted; recovery rates of stolen vehicles remain low. With rented and leased assets, the chances of recovery are reduced further, as a considerable amount of time can pass before a vehicle is reported stolen and even longer for a replacement vehicle to arrive. For some models, this could even be a few months. Not only do you have to replace the vehicle, but also the contents that are inside, some of which could be valuable or at least hold sentimental value.
Stolen Vehicle Tracking systems are proven to improve recovery rates dramatically, but potential cost and complexity have previously prevented many owners and operators from installing tracking systems to vehicles. Vodafone Vehicle Defence resolves these issues directly, making stolen vehicle tracking an accessible option for fleets and rental vehicles and greatly improving the chances of recovering a valuable asset.
The compact, light weight, fully enclosed device is easy to fit covertly in/on any vehicle, and without external wiring, it can be transferred between vehicles and other assets.
Solutions for rental/leasing partners
- Small and light, it can be installed almost anywhere on any vehicle
- Easy to fit, standalone unit
- Does not require any external wiring
- Transferable between assets
- Cost effective device is ideal for fleets of leasing and rental vehicles
- Daily vehicle location reports allow vehicles to be traced, even if they are reported stolen retrospectively
- Device can be enabled to constantly report vehicle location for live asset tracking
- Reliable technology – uses both GSM and GPS technology with the Vodafone Automotive Secure Operating Centre
- True, cross border coverage with police liaison in local language in 49 countries
- Developed by a team of experts with more than 20 years’ experience of vehicle security and telematics
- Supported by Vodafone Automotive customer service and support
With the device fitted, the vehicle’s location is reported to Vodafone Automotive every day, but can be enabled to remain active, constantly transmitting the vehicle’s location to the Vodafone Secure Operating Centre. Using GPS and GSM positioning technology, assets can be tracked cross border in 49 countries, with operatives liaising directly with local police forces in local language to track and recover the vehicle.
Designed by a team with more than 20 years’ experience of vehicle security and telematics, Vodafone Vehicle Defence uses the established Vodafone network to offer a proactive tracking.
*Office of national statistics, Vehicle Crime 2013-2014