Vehicle and asset theft in the UK remains prominent. The UK construction industry is now believed to be losing over £800 million every year* when all of the costs associated with stolen plant assets are taken into account.
Plant and Machinery theft is now the product of organised crime, with gangs targeting specialist, high value assets regardless of shape or size. This causes major disruption and financial damage, not to mention claims on insurance policies, increasing premium costs and stress to the business. Some essential equipment, if stolen, can cause serious service disruption, affecting the business for a significant amount of time. Replacing specialist equipment can be costly and, with long order lead times, recovery is often preferred to replacement.
Stolen Vehicle Tracking systems are proven to improve recovery rates dramatically, but potential cost and complexity have previously prevented many owners and operators from installing tracking systems to assets. Vodafone Vehicle Defence resolves these issues directly, making stolen asset tracking an accessible option for the plant and construction industry and greatly improving the chances of recovering a valuable asset.
The compact, light weight, fully enclosed device is easy to fit covertly in/on any asset, and without external wiring, it can be transferred between assets.
Solutions for Plant and Machinery partners
- Small light and robust
- Easy fit
- Fully enclosed device does not require any external wiring
- Easy to install, standalone unit
- Transferable between assets
- Cost effective device is ideal for fleets of leasing and rental vehicles
- Device can be enabled to constantly report vehicle location for live asset tracking
- Reliable technology – uses both GSM and GPS technology with the Vodafone Automotive Secure Operating Centre
- True, cross border coverage with police liaison in local language in 49 countries
- Developed by a team of experts with more than 20 years’ experience of vehicle security and telematics
- Supported by Vodafone Automotive customer service and support
With the device fitted, the vehicle’s location is reported to Vodafone Automotive every day, but can be enabled to remain active, constantly transmitting the vehicle’s location to the Vodafone Secure Operating Centre. Using GPS and GSM positioning technology, assets can be tracked cross border in 49 countries, with operatives liaising directly with local police forces in local language to track and recover the asset.
Designed by a team with more than 20 years’ experience of vehicle security and telematics, Vodafone Vehicle Defence uses the established Vodafone network to offer a proactive tracking system for all types of asset.
*According to a review by Allianz Cornhill Engineering